Here is the complete step by step guide about how to start a blog in 2020. Blogging has rapidly developed into a source of income in a very short time. It wasn’t long ago when its sole purpose was entertainment. But now when I think of it, entertainment itself is an industry, hence this was bound to happen. No?
Blogging is another wonderful treat of the tech-world. Integrating with technology has given way to the GIG economy and provided means of income to a lot of individuals. Gen-Z is the first tech-friendly generation and has laid the basis for a lot of businesses that exist over the internet and which are soon to come into existence.
A blog is a platform where people from all over the world come together and string their views on an individual subject to display them in front of the online world. The blog spreads awareness of different cultures, cuisines, events, etc. It can be used to reflect the bloggers’ views and personality and help him create a distinct identity of his own.
READ ALSO: How to Start Content Writing
A blog can also be used for marketing purposes, to cater to the general needs and queries of your target market. It can be used for answering questions as well as a consultancy platform.
Now since you have a general idea of what a blog is, let’s move to the next step and learn how to build your own blog:
- Plan: Before logging onto the web, think about your niche. It’s best to have a clear idea of what your blog would be about. I recommend you to be fully aware of your passion/hobbies so that your personality is reflected in the blog and it’s easier to spread awareness about something you’re already crazy about.
- Name your blog: To capture the attention of your audience, think of a suitable name and category for your blog. Your blog could be about the travel experience, lifestyle, politics, sports, arts, or literally anything you are fond of.
- Select a domain: Once you are through the first two steps, it’s time to pick a domain for the blog and launch it online. Some common domains include: “.com”, “.net”, and “.org”. Oh, keep in mind that your blog’s name cannot have space in between. If you’re thinking of “My Puppy.com”, know that it will turn into something like “mypuppy.com”
- Launch your blog on the web: Now comes the technical part. Getting through the creative stages might be challenging but the technical part is a real headache, especially if you’re not an IT person. To get your blog running, you will have to take the aid of blog hosting and blogging software. Consider WordPress blogging software, your pal here. It is widely used, customized, and easy to handle.
- Give your blog a makeover: Once you log in to your blog, you will enter the WordPress administrator area where you can give a customized makeover to your blog and adjust it accordingly.
- Write articles and publish them: Keeping your blog well updated according to your niche is the key to its fame. Blogging has quite a lot of competition running in parallel, so if you don’t keep your blog updates, some other blog will definitely replace yours.
As soon as your blog becomes popular in your chosen niches, start placing advertisements on it and earn money!!